Hudson Valley writers are invited to submit short works for possible use in collaborations with visual artists for “VisuaLit”, an innovative, July 2008, exhibition at the Arts Society of Kingston.
A writer may submit one to three works that are each no more than one page in length. Works may be on any subject and may include poetry, short fiction, drama, essays, or memoirs. Submitted works must be typed or word-processed, with no name or identifying information on the page. A coversheet must accompany the submitted works, with your name, address, phone number, and email address.
Mail all submissions, postmarked no later than April 19th, to VisuaLit Submissions, ASK, 97 Broadway, Kingston NY 12401. Electronic submission will not be considered.
By submitting works, the writer agrees to the following conditions:
1. The writer affirms that submitted works are entirely his or her own work.
2. The decision to use a work as the basis or inspiration for a visual-arts work—painting, drawing, collage, or a multimedia or 3-dimensional work—will be made solely by the visual-artist member of ASK.
3. The visual artist may use some or all of the text in the visual work.
4. Writers will be contacted only if their work is selected for the exhibition.
5. The writers of a selected work must provide an electronic version of the text for use in the exhibition or in related publications.
6. All other rights to the text remain the property of the writer.
7. If a visual-art work based on the writer’s work is sold, the writer will receive 10 percent of the gross proceeds.
For further information, see “Call for Entries” on the ASK website at www.askforarts.org.
ASK quickens the cultural pulse of the Hudson Valley by providing a nexus for the visual, performing, literary arts and education. Founded in 1995, ASK today has grown to become a not-for-profit membership organization with over six hundred members. Ask hosts on average twenty-four visual arts shows and over two hundred events from at least ten different programs of dance, theater, music, writing & education each year. In addition, ASK produces ArtWorks, a monthly publication distributed by the Kingston Freeman, which includes the Kingston Gallery guide, highlighting the current exhibitions in some thirty art venues in Kingston and many others throughout the Hudson Valley.
For more information, contact Emily Flynn, Arts Society of Kingston, by phone at 845-338-0331 or email email@example.com.