The great Home Planet News is announcing a new online publication on homeplanetnews.org and they want you to submit your work to be a part of this new project.
The submissions requirements are as follows:
- Submit up to 4 poems at a time
- We would prefer prose pieces that are 2000 words or less, but we will consider longer pieces by merit.
- We will accept only one prose piece per writer per issue.
- Simultaneous submissions will be accepted with the understanding that we will be notified ASAP of publications in another magazine.
- Home Planet News Online will accept poems that have been previously published in printed magazines, journals, or chapbooks with a distribution of 500 copies or less.
- We will not accept poems or prose that has been accepted in an anthology or published in another online magazine.
- Please include contact information
- Submit everything in one file as a single word document. No pdf files.
Home Planet News is a 24 page newsprint literary review founded in 1979 by editor/publisher Donald Lev and his late wife, the poet Enid Dame (1943-2003). We publish 1-3 issues a year, including an eclectic mix of poetry, very short fiction, reviews of poetry and other small press books and magazines, and occasional articles on literary subjects. We also have a regular art column: “Working Art” by Staten Island artist Jenny Tango, and a column by our “foreign correspondent” Rudy Scherreiks, who pens “Notes from Abroad” from his homes in Munich and Greece. Our regular “Magazine Rack” review, running practically as long as Home Planet News has existed is now penned by poet David Gershator from his lair in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands.