Formation Press is currently accepting submissions for their 1st Annual poetry anthology book publication. The submission deadline is February 29, 2020 with a publication date is set for May 1, 2020.
Formation Press is committed to publishing the best diverse work by new and established poets. Their poetry books usually have a theme in each of them.
Send up to three poems via our online submission form which can be accessed online after $5 reading fee has been processed.
The author must hold all rights to their submitted work. Submissions may include poems that have been previously published in periodicals, other anthologies, chapbooks, or on the web.
- The text must be in English.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please notify Formation Press by officially withdrawing your work (via withdrawal form) if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Please include a one-paragraph writer’s bio and your contact information via submission form.
- Please be sure that your submission is your final version. Corrections and new versions will not be accepted.
- The reading fee is non-refundable.
- Formation Press has the right to cancel the contest if there are not enough contestants.
Formation Press will do an initial reading of each entry and nominate the finalists. The publisher/editor will choose the winning entries from among the finalists. The final decision is at the sole discretion of the publisher.
Tips From the Editor
Please no greeting card, overly sentimental or clichéd offerings–also nothing sexist, misogynist, racist or homophobic. Formation Press is looking for strong voices and strong imagery. Virtually any genre of poetry is acceptable: lyric, narrative, experimental, magical realism, spoken word, etc., as long as it is within a cohesive manuscript.